Limited Warranty Policy
Exascend Co. LTD (“Exascend”) warrants that Exascend’s product, in its original sealed packaging, will be free from defects in materials and workmanship. Subject to the conditions and limitations set forth below, Exascend will either repair or replace any part of its products that prove defective by reason of improper workmanship or materials. This warranty is non-transferable and valid only for the original purchaser of the Exascend products, except where prohibited by law. An original or copy sales receipt or invoice is required to establish purchase date and original purchaser.
- This warranty supersedes all other warranties and representations, whether oral or written, between you and Exascend. Exascend makes no other warranties, including any warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, whether expressly or implied.
- All warranties, whether express or implied, are limited to the periods of time set forth below. Some states and jurisdictions do not allow such exclusion of implied warranties, limitations or warranty period, so above restrictions may not apply to you.
- Exascend may acknowledge or read and save the data and information (collectively, “Information”) stored in the product during after services. Exascend hereby agrees that Exascend will not disclose any Information to any third parties, except Exascend’s employees, who may need to access the Information, with or without your prior written consent.
*Limited warranty: The warranty period is the SHORTER OF:
- a period of below stated years in the beginning from the date of purchase; or
- the period ending when the drive reached advertised DWPD or TBW rating; or
- the period ending when device’s Lifespan indicator reaches an abnormal value (which indicates wrong usage of the product)
*For issuing an RMA, a prove of purchase is necessary to identify the date of the purchase, if the prove of purchase is not available, Exascend will use SN on the Product Label (also programed in the Product) as a date the warranty started.
This Limited Warranty will not apply to, and Exascend will have no liability or obligation with respect to, problems or damage resulting from any of the following: (i) accident, modification, neglect, abuse, careless or incorrect handling, misuse or improper operation, disassembly, misapplication or use in unusual physical environments or under operating conditions not approved by Exascend (including, but not limited to, use of the Product with an improper voltage supply); (ii) normal wear and tear; (iii) removal of label(s) or sticker(s) provided on or with the Product (including all warranty or quality-control stickers, product serial or electronic numbers); (iv) problems relating to or residing in non-Exascend hardware, software or other items with which the Product is used; (v) use in an environment, in a manner or for a purpose for which the Product was not designed or not in accordance with Exascend’s published documentation; (vi) installation, modification, alteration or repair by anyone other than Exascend or its authorized representatives; (vii) problems that do not relate to materials or workmanship or that have an insignificant impairment on the use or operation of the Product; or (viii) problems related to consumables; (ix) Product purchased “AS-IS” or “with known faults, defects or problems.” Additionally, Exascend will have no liability or obligation to recover any data in the Product.